Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pam

In searching the net I found a link and chased it. Here is here web site http://www.blaines.us/PamyPlace.htm This is what resulted:




I remember when I transcribed the diary but I didn't remember if I ever got it to any of the Meilickes.  I may have sent it to Mildred.  She is the only one that I knew.  I always hoped to get it to more Meilickes because I think it's a treasure to have that history.  I would love to know more about the family tree that you mention.

Sam Meilicke was the only grandfather I had as I grew up and at that time he had a couple of brothers still living around here.  Although, he was my grandfather by adoption, it felt like blood to me.  I didn't really know the difference back then.  Mom told me a lot about Grandma & Grandpa Meilicke (Mathilde & Gustav).  They are buried in Linville Cemetery near where I live.

My Mother spent many years growing up on the Meilicke farm near Greensburg, Mo.  Someone from the Meilicke family, I can't think of the name right now, came to my Mom's sale.  I pointed out to him a ceramic chamber pot that Mom told me belonged to Grandma Meilicke and I was glad that he took it home with him.  We had a good laugh over him owning the Meilicke chamber pot. Was that you?  It seems like I have talked to you before maybe?  You'll have to refresh my memory.

I would be interested in knowing more about the Meilickes.  Again, I'm so glad to hear from you!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ADD YOUR MEMORY'S OF THESE EVENTS. Memories are important, and history is told by the survivors, with their biases.