Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Past, Present and Future and Stop Evangelizing

What to do with this blog? Few of the relatives seem to have much interest in my efforts, and information is hard to come by. It is like trade secrets or something. I just cannot care anymore. It is too depressing, that and all these dead relatives. Anything I obtained was available somewhere already, so nothing much new was added. So what is to be gained? Knowledge that I am unable to retain, and no one wants? It became to depressing to work on much.

Security is always an issue now, so nothing of the live relations can be put on this. Facebook has bits of live relations, if I were so inclined. We have very different lives, and very different values. I do not want to be around some of them; I can see why these people will not come near me, after they find out a few things about me. Oh well. Rejection is normal for me, I reject them, they reject me. So be it.

In the past few years I have been contacted by two distance relatives and both of those closed with a strongly evangelizing god reference. I am atheist, there is no god, no soul, no afterlife. So why are these people evangelizing at me, or are they just evangelizing. If they are just evangelizing, do I want to know them? They may be relatives but are not rational. No critical thinking, rational person, who has examined the god concept in detail could believe in a god. So the most generous thing I can say is that they have not rationally considered the concept, and have just gone on historical teachings, without critical examination.  Or should I just evangelize back... no I do not have the patience to argue against religion and the damage it does. It is a waste of time to point out the obvious to those who will not look or see. But why should I put up with their evangelizing?


So what do I do about those, tell them the truth, and give them warning. What is the point, they are not critical thinkers, else they would be unbelievers.  So I am not only atheist but anti-evangelist, as god is at best a concept, not real. Belief in gods are one of the main reasons for conflict between cultures, races, nations, and the like. It is all about distrust of people who think differently. They become, in effect, a different species. It is very natural to feel threatened by different species, and being sapiens, do as any sapiens would and try to eliminate the competition. It is only natural. There are many that say we could change our nature, but that may occur later, after they are no longer a threat. We did that with the native, but thy reproduced, and are now a problem again. If the problem does not go away, perhaps we will need to take some action again as a culture, nation, society. 

Ultimately, evangelizing will destroy any desire for family ties. But if we are not of the same belief system, there will be no family. So what is it to be folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE ADD YOUR MEMORY'S OF THESE EVENTS. Memories are important, and history is told by the survivors, with their biases.